
Above : Me in labor! :)
January 22nd at 12:45 AM
Our shortened labor, birth story
He is the sweetest, most love-able little man EVER! Seriously, I couldn't be more in love and happy with our little boy. He is a perfect mix of Zack and I. He is more Zack than me, making him so good looking! He for sure has Zack's perfect lips and he has my chin. His eyes and nose... We are not sure but we are sure that they are perfect! He was born with a ton of dark hair on his head (that isn't like Zack or me) and he is perfect! He smiles and just looks around a lot. He doesn't cry which is so nice. Zack and I both were very calm babies so we are glad we got one like us. He doesn't sleep at night is the only problem but he does eat very well! He can already eat about 5 ounces in one sitting so he'll be a little fatty but I think it'll look good on this skinny boy. He was 8 lbs 4 ounces when he was born. He left the hospital barely under 8 lbs and he is doing good. He isn't chubby at all but we're working on it.
I've been breast feeding... Sorta. He eats more than I produce and so we're doing both which is nice bc then Zack can feed him as well. I've been pumping so that at night it is easier for both JR and me. Umm what else? Oh the labor story....
I was in labor for 24 hours but I didn't know it. I was having contractions but they never went down to 3 mins apart and so I didn't want to go in. They were really bad and long but I didn't think they were that painful so I didn't know if they were real contractions. I think I have a high pain tolerance bc I dilated 3 centimeters in 10 hrs (on my own) and the only reason we finally went in to the hospital is because of all the bleeding that was happening. I got there and they checked me and laughed at how low he was and how I was in labor and I just didn't know. They kept me and was going to start platosin to get my contractions closer but they wanted to break my water first so they offered the epidural. I said YES to the epidural (not bc I was in pain but bc I didn't want to experience any pain). The contractions were off the wall, long but still 7 mins apart. They gave me the epidural, which was amazing and my contractions went from 7 mins apart to 30 seconds apart sooo I was in labor on my own. Well 4 hours later I was a 10 and ready to go. We waited an hour for the doctor to get there (there was a snow storm) and then started the "pushing" process. 45 mins of pushing his big head around my small bones he was stuck behind (yes he is a big kid lol) and then 3 more pushes and I had my baby boy! He got cleaned up, daddy cut his cord and then they placed the sweetest gift I've ever seen into my arms. I was crying and still do when we say our prayers. He is the sweetest, most innocent boy. Zack and I feel so blessed that he was sent here to us and we love our little family.
I, surprisingly, miss being pregnant sometimes but then not at other times! I'm still healing and learning how to be a good mom. We've had so much help from Zack's family and friends around us. Also Julie came up this weekend to help me and let me sleep! It's been amazing. Zack is amazing too!
Well here are some photos :

above : Zack holding Jameson mins after he was born.

Above just some photos from my phone... Us with him in the hospital

He is perfect!
Zack and JR taking a nap... I Love how he is with our boy! He is amazing and I LOVE him so much! I love them both so much!
Above : Me holding him for the first time. I was crying and so happy!

Our first family photo! About 5 mins after he was born! Happy Huffakers!
3 comments:
Ahh yehhhh!!!!!!!! I wish I was there to help!!!!!!!!!!
You are sooooo cute!!! Congrats!
ashley he is absolutely perfect! you two will be amazing parents :)
Post a Comment