Once he texts me, he texts me every single day for almost three weeks (morning and night).
He is texting me and I'm thinking- we are never going to go out... it's going to be the same as it was before the mission.... I also wondered if he was texting other girls... But then I didn't care bc I had been going out with two different boys that entire time. (yes I dated a lot... but so did Zack right when he got home. We dated those that went after us but really are the same in the fact that we only wanted each other.)
Apparently he wasn't taking me out because he had shoulder surgery, a friend from Cali visited (randy) and then went to AZ for a week. I guess he didn't want me to know about the surgery. lol.
Our first date was the day he got back from AZ (after his ten hr drive, that he drove), we played badminton (yes, he played with his shoulder lol), then went bowling (I only beat him bc he had shoulder surgery lol) and then we went to Wendy's and back to his house. His brother was alone at home and didn't like it so we went home and watched a movie. I met his entire family (awkward for me lol) and from that day on, I saw him every single day!
He sent me flowers two weeks later (for my graduation). He waited 10 whole days to kiss me (freak- I didn't love that part of it lol). He treated me amazingly to say the least. It was maybe three weeks after dating that he told me he loved me? The night before he said it, is right when I was freaked out because I knew I may love him. That night before we said I love you, he took me to "our spot" (a place we talked in his or my car bc we got no alone time at my house or his) and he had made a playlist for me (of songs..mostly country <3) and danced with me under the stars. lol. Super cheesy and sweet. Zack always washed his car and picked me up. He never let me drive or pay for anything. He took me on drives, hikes, star gazing, picnics, and just little fun things All the time!
So he said he knew he was going to marry me by week two of our dating. I knew I was going to marry him by month two. I finally prayed about it ... (bc about two weeks before that, Zack asked me if I had prayed about it yet and challenged me to do so). I was freaked out bc I thought it was too early to get an answer and I have never gotten a good answer about boys that I was dating. Well I prayed and I Knew without any doubt that I was going to marry him. That he would be good for me. I was scared. I waited two months to let Zack know my answer. lol. Yes I'm a brat but I was scared. I had dated several guys seriously (4 to be exact) and all for over a year time or more. I never got a good answer with them. How could I marry someone or know I was going to marry someone that I hadn't dated that long? Anyways...
Obviously I did marry him. Zack knew what he wanted and went for it. Zack isn't the type of guy to pursue girls. Every girl that he went out with or dated, pursued him. He went with things bc they were easy and it wasn't him putting himself out there to get hurt. With me, he really did put himself out there and I'm glad I didn't hurt him. I never want to hurt him. He deserves so much happiness and I hope I can always give him the happiness he has given me!
So with Zack, we've read together the Book Of Mormon almost twice through. He inspires me. He makes me want to be better and not only that- when I want to be better and make goals myself, he has never done anything except he somehow makes it possible for me to grow and develop.
Zack is an introvert and I'm an extrovert. We are opposite in almost every way. Everything school wise that I'm good at, he isn't and everything he is good at, I'm not. He complements me in so many ways. It's amazing the things Zack does with me. He dresses up for movies, makes music videos, dances all the time with me, sings loudly with me. The things I do with him, I fish (I will never hunt, gross), I camp, I hike, I shoot, I go out all the time without make up (really I've always done that but he makes me feel pretty doing that)... and more.
Anyways, Our friendship, dating, engagement and marriage relationships consisted of love, service, respect and laughter. I am lucky I married such an amazing guy. I made Zack a cd of music (our songs) after he had made me a few playlists of "our songs" in his car. I think it was around 2 months? he then made me a cd back. Well his cd took him 3 weeks to create. It was so cute how long he thought about it and took to make it. (it was the first but not the last cd he made me) Anyways- I want to share the playlist on here.... the songs all have such a strong meaning to them. All the lyrics have something to do with our relationship and us. I love him and the patterns we've created and are continuing to create in our marriage. The patterns in communication, service, church, goals, money, growing, learning, love. :)
CD from Zack :
1. Angel - Jack Johnson
2. Fight for Love - Elliott Yamin
3. I'd Rather be With You- Joshua Radin
4. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
5. Luckiest - Ben Folds
6. Miss Independent - Ne-Yo (PS I didn't know how to take this song at first lol!)
7. On Fire - Switchfoot (one of the sweetest songs... lyric wise. I would have never listened to it before but I LOVE it now. This songs lyrics remind me most of Zack and how he feels towards me)
8. Only You - Joshua Radin
9. She's my kind of Rain - Tim McGraw
10. She Think's my Tractors Sexy - Kenny Chesney (lol)
11. That's Love - Brad Paisley
12. Vulnerable - Secondhand Serenade
13. You're Like Comin' Home - Lonestar
14. Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
15. Your Song - Elton John (lol...inside thing)
You maybe wondering why it's only 15 songs long? well Zack has never made a cd for anyone before me and so it took him a while. He was also very nervous lol. He is so cute. I love him.
This is our "first" photo together. Zack brought a camera with us to his friends homecoming. It was right after we said I love you and before I made Zack smile for photos. lol. So this is the end of March 2011 at Temple Square in SLC. Zack and I dated 9 months, engaged for 3 months. We've now been married for 10 months, and I've been pregnant for 6 months on monday (I'll be 24 weeks). And that about sums up the Huffakers to this current date!
I'm done blogging. I need to finish things before Zack comes home in an hr. We're going biking around Payson Lake <3 I'm excited for the weekend! I have missed my honey bear ;) Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment