10 years ago....
I can't believe it's been ten years since that happened. It's crazy. Zack and I were able to see President Holland (UVU's president) speak at the Maple Mountain High School tonight. It was a great speech and performance. Its good for us all to remember that day, those people who gave their lives to help other people and how tragedy brought us together as a nation. I remember where I was, the family members I was worried about and how horrible it felt to see all that destruction, sickness and murder happen. During the fireside thing tonight, he made a great point about those who sacrificed their lives on the plane going towards DC. He talked about how they had a vote before they took/rebelled and the plane crashed. The point was about how, even in horrible situations, they acted as Americans do- They took it to a vote. It's a democracy where we respect one each other's right of freedom of choice. I loved that. Anyways, I am proud to be an American! I really do LOVE my country and am grateful for our memories, our choices and our ability to grow as a human kind <3 .
This weekend consisted of Football! Mostly :) I love football season! Zack had a game (they won), Dallin won his game (against Springville, their rivals) and then BYU's game (you should know but yes they lost :/). We got to eat pizza, have soda, and enjoy our friends/families company all weekend long! We also go out crib! <3 Pictures to come! So we got Z some hot new cleats and while we were out, Zacky got me some fall boots! There was a really good sale and so I'm super excited for my new boots (not that I need anymore boots but I LOVE them).... Anyways, I wanted to update you quickly bc I have been busy lately and slacking in my blog writing. We're off to bed (early, I know) but this weekend of constantly doing something, has left me drained and sleepy!

No comments:
Post a Comment