SOOO I started "pre-labor" on Saturday the 14th.... We even took me into the hospital bc my contractions were 3 mins apart for over 3 hours but I wasn't dilating quick enough. I did go from a 1 to a 2 but I needed to be at a 3... We left the hospital and I was having these painful contractions until my inducement date (the 18th)..... Since the contractions never got closer than 5 to 10 mins apart, I knew I still wasn't in labor. Logan's due date was the 17th and my doctor only induces on Wednesdays... I had two options to get induced before I went over 2 weeks and they don't want you to go that long.... SO either the 18th or Christmas... SO we decided to go with the 18th :) my mom and my late uncles birthday
Let me just say, Id rather never get induced but my babies are huge and I went into labor on my own with Jameson so my doctor felt that my labor would be faster bc my body already knows and can do it.... Plus it was just the time of the year... I wanted him here by Christmas :) and with his size, I'm glad we did get induced.. the labor story below....
Well I went in around 6:30 and got set up by 7:30 in the room but didn't get my IV till after 8... They broke my water after 8.... Labor started without the pitocin ... so I got my epidural ASAP bc it was soooo painful... Well by 10 AM I was at a 10!!! It was time to push... I pushed 3 times, Literally and then our baby boy was here!!!!!!! I can't tell you why my labors are fast but I do feel blessed. I also feel blessed bc last time I ripped a ton plus an episotomy BUT this time I didn't. I did get an episiotomy but that's way better than both.... WAY less painful. I was up walking around a few hours after I had him and I didn't cry. I was so amazed.
He was 21 inches and 8 pds 11 ounces! Healthy and big, just the way we like them (I wouldn't mind them being a little smaller haha but I doubt that will happen)
SOOO his name was going to be Jaxson Dallin and we'd call him JD or Jax. Well it was kinda special bc my mom and late uncles initials together were JD but when he came out... He was a Logan in our eyes so we changed his name... He has more blondish hair, and it's curly. He and Jameson look like brothers but Logan has his own look and we felt he looked like a Logan.... He is a handsome little guy.
So far he has a good cry... when he cries its LOUD but he hardly ever cries... he eats loud too.. LOL he has a deep ish voice for a baby and he is just soooo chill. He was the chillest baby in my tummy and only ever moved with hiccups and he is the same right now :)
He sleeps and smiles a lot....he is a good eater. He is now a month old and over 10 pounds. That's a little smaller than Jameson. Jameson ate more than I produced though and this one just is having my milk (so far) lol. He latched really well and this is a lot easier than I could have ever imagined this being. It's still hard in the normal ways but I feel sooooo blessed to have these sweet boys that make my life so much better. I'm truly blessed to be their mother and learn from their sweet, loving spirits. They are such good, tender, happy boys that it helps me want to be better all around.
Oh Logan also is crazy funny bc he LOVES tummy time and has already rolled over.... Jameson was the same way and so we have to wedge things around him to stop him from rolling on his tummy at night. Its very scary when your almost 3 week old is on his tummy when you wake up in the morning and you know you put him on his back.
Jameson and Logan:
Jameson was not really sure about his brother for a little bit but now he loves him... he plays with him, helps me take care of him and is always getting things for him. When he is tired though, he just wants me to put Logan down and hold him SOOO all in all, Jameson has adjusted well and it seems like it'll just get easier from here on out. I'm so excited that I gave Jameson a best friend. Once Logan can play with Jr, I know they will be best friends and keep me on my toes <3 <3 <3
AND here are the photos! I'm sorry if this was boring... I'm in a hurry and just wanting to write this down before I forget the details (no sleep does that to you :P WORTH IT! lol)
| our nativity and below are the boys in their Christmas Eve pjs <3 |
New Years Eve celebrations
2 week check up... Logan was healthy and Jameson was super sick. I'll never forget my first time to the doctors with two kids. Lol


No comments:
Post a Comment