From the first day we moved in.... meeting Tamara (love you Tam) and her taking me around the neighborhood to meet all the kids. From going to our Estate Groves Ward, disliking it at first but then later finding some of my favorite people EVER (my heart hurts to think about leaving them). From all the dates I went on from that house, to all the kava parties in that basement, to the Gilmore Girl parties (every Wednesday... No talking lol and treats), to the going away to college party (mermaid bounce house anyone? lol), to all my visits from college (at least every three months I was home for a week... AZ girl, always), a early one of Zack, him visiting AZ 7 and a half years ago and texting me while I was in that house so he could see me. It's crazy how much I liked him then and how the Lord was setting a foundation of friendship so our marriage could be that much stronger/solid, then Zack and my first visit to AZ together (over 4 years ago), to our wedding in AZ (perfect), to Jameson's first swim, to Jameson's first Christmas and so many of his other fists in AZ or that house. It's crazy to think how many wonderful memories are in that house.....<3 I LOVE all the memories I have in that house. My brother leaving on his mission, him coming home from his mission. Rob dancing to his Portuguese music lol. I could seriously go on for days and days but I wont.
I'm going to miss the most
-the people (except I'm gonna visit and see most of you... just wont be able to see all of you every time)
-the house (it's a very beautiful house)
-the fruit trees! Oh my heavens! so delicious....
-the swimming pool (spent my entire summers/most of the year, swimming)
-Christmas in that basement
-those sunsets. I'm sure I'll still see a beautiful sunset in AZ but I wont be able to visit as often if Christmas and things are in Utah :( it's just sad bc there isnt a sunset like a AZ sunset.
-I'm sure there is more but I want to move on to
Things I'm going to love most about this change
-mama Wick being close by
-Rob and Court visiting more
-and really that's all so far. Lol just bc that's really the most important thing is being by family and so that's enough to balance out the bad ;)
I'll go ahead and leave you with a few of my fav memories/pics of AZ ..... Zack and me dating/visiting AZ (we visited Arizona probably 4 or 5 times in 9 months before getting married, haha)
us swimming <3
OK so this sunset has a funny story behind it. I said to Zack that AZ has the best sunsets EVER. He said they can't be as good as a sunset with real mountains and I told him that the mountains block half the sunset. SO I took him out a little ways to open dessert (5 mins from our home) and we waited.... This just happened to be one of the better/best sunsets. It surrounded us completely and pretty much proved my point. AZ does have the best sunsets. This photo is REAL and didn't need to be edited or anything. If you're in AZ longer than a week, you'll probably experience a sunset like this and that is why AZ is the best, just ask anyone from Arizona! :P
Sorry this post is just full of random thoughts.... this is just me saying goodbye to my childhood/teenage home. We moved there when I was 12 and I thought saying goodbye to Texas was hard.... this is even worse. I love you Arizona and especially that home that was sooo good to us! I'm excited though for my mom to be near by. We need her <3
and PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEY! It's your birthday and I just wanted you to know how much you are loved and how glad I am that Rob found you! You're a perfect fit in our family and I'm excited to see you guys this weekend!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment