05 November 2011

Best Husband Ever

So I just wanted to quickly write about how lucky I am. I wake up to breakfast in bed. Zack woke up before me (not hard to do) and made me breakfast and woke me up to it. He let me eat in bed and then was so sweet after. I felt a little sick after breakfast so he snuggled me, I fell asleep and then woke up to breakfast cleaned up and the laundry switched. I feel so loved and served. He is off taking a test today (he is always going none stop with school, work and helping others). I need to get my primary signs done but I didn't want to miss blogging about how normal this is. Maybe not the "breakfast 'In Bed'" bc he is normally gone when I eat breakfast and I don't think he loves me eating 'in bed' but Zack always is trying to help out, always looking for ways to serve me, he is always trying to cook or clean for me. I have to force him to do his homework and let me cook him dinner. He is getting better at it but it's been hard for him to not serve me constantly.

When I was dating, I knew I could or couldn't date someone by how he treated the server at a restaurant. Well with Zack- there is no question that he treats everyone very well... We'd be late for a date and he'd see my roommate carrying something and run to help. We are always 'running late' but there is never a time that Zack wont stop to help someone, if he see's a need. He is very aware of those around him and very humble about it. I just wanted to write here that I'm very blessed to learn from him and be married to such a great guy. I hope that our son is just like him and that I can be just like Zack in so many ways! You guys may think I'm exaggerating if you haven't meet him but I'm not. The more you're around Zack, the more you get served and without him ever bringing attention to it. Example : during the summer, He'd drive by his parents house on the way home. If it hadn't been mowed and he knew his dad was either busy or out of town on work, He'd mow it that night and say nothing. Lots of times the family figured that grandpa did it (bc Zack is like Grandpa Huffaker that way) but nope, Zack would have done it and he likes to do it without people knowing it was him. He loves to help and serve but he doesn't like the attention. I think that it's probably Ok that I talk about him on here bc only very few people read this and Zack will probably not read this till Tuesday :) By then it'll be too late, lol!


Anyways, I love my husband, I love my life and I'm so lucky that I'm married to my best friend who makes me want to be better! There isn't a day since we've meet that I haven't tried to be better in some way! He makes me want to be the most modest I can, He makes me feel prettiest when I'm serving or thinking of others, I never want to skip prayers or scripture study, He inspires me to try new things and pursue talents, and he gives me energy/courage to continue going when it seems like I can't!  I didn't know that I wanted/ needed anyone to serve me like Zack does. I have always been the one serving in relationships and have always thought that I could do whatever I needed alone. Well I'm glad that we serve one another and I'm glad I'm never alone. Even when I do things alone, I don't feel alone bc I know if Zack could be there- He would be there. :)

Welp I've gotta go but Thank You Zacky! I love you so much and I LOVED the breakfast in bed :) lol.



No comments: