Friday was a day to sleep in. In the afternoon, we headed out and went to Strawberry Reservoir with the Huffaker gang. It was Grandpa, all the family (including Dru), and some of the cousins. We got there before sunset and headed out to do some fishing. We caught lots of trout and then headed back. We all ate some delicious burritos (made by Grandma H!) and then set up for camping. After dinner we went crawdad fishin'! FREEZING! I'm lucky enough to have a heater for a husband. He kept me warm "through the night". We didn't sleep long. We woke up early and went fishin'. We caught lots and lots of fish! It was a blast. It was just Z, me, Grandpa & Papa H. We headed back for some quick breakfast. Grandma packed up, Cereal, Yogurt, tons of sandwiches (with everything you can imagine to put on it), tons of chips, fruits, drinks (tons and tons) and more! It was like we were going to be gone for weeks. :P After breakfast we went back out and fished some more! I caught my biggest fish yet! It was a trout over two pounds! a little over 22 inches? lol. It was big and tasted amazing!
Well after the second round of us were done fishing (Dru, Mel, Zack, Sarah, & Aubs) we headed back to shore. We packed up our stuff and then all of us sunbathed and some (most of the gals) swam. They brought tubs, water guns, and tons more games. It was fun. Mostly everyone got in because Mel threw them in. Lol. Eventually, Mel (the big guy himself) got taken down by aub's. That's a funny story/picture :P
Well I'll post the pictures from everything a little later. I haven't gotten around to uploading them. (Been busy with some other things).
obviously we went as Harry & Ginny. I am excited to post the other photos. The girls had some awesome costumes (especially Aubs lol).
That's my fish! lol
Well I caught this one. Zack caught an even bigger one. I will post that picture later. It was HUGE! My husband is such a man <3
Well after that fun trip, we cooked up those craw fish and some of the bigger trout and had a feast. We took a shower and a long nap! Saturday night was the best. We went to Allens for food and made a delicious homemade dinner, together. It was amazing.... Zack and I listened to our fav (country) music, cooked and danced the night away in the kitchen. Ending the night with one of my fav movies-Secretariat <3 It was one of the best weekends. I LOVE my hubby! He makes me laugh sooooooo much. I've decided to start writing down his quotes bc I seriously laugh so hard that I tear up. It surprises me, everyday, how hard I laugh and how funny he is! Ugh I can see us old and sitting on our porch just laughing, talking and laughing some more. That old couple will be us. Anyways, be prepared for me to start writing down his quotes on this blog <3 I know you'll smile if not laugh out loud! ya know, LOL :P
Sunday was the usual. Church and then a delicious meal at the Huffakers. Well I'll post more later.... When I have more time!
"Give me some time with you in my arms"


No comments:
Post a Comment