So today everything was against me! I was called into work this morning for a drop off. A drop off is where I need to escort one of the kids to the airport and watch them get on the plane! Y'all know, I'm from Arizona and I don't drive in any sorta weather, except blue sky's and sun....Well I woke up to
| This is from our kitchen window.... lol! |
| As I'm driving down the drive way... |
Instead, I had to go and pick her up. We haven't moved my shoes over yet so I go outside in my moccasins and got them/ me soaking wet. I headed to our other place, got on my boots and went to work. I get in and they're like -- "We haven't woke her yet, we forgot." Ok well it's conference Sunday (traffic!) and she has to make her airplane. What can I do? So I just wait and wait. 40 mins later...
We head out to the car (not four wheel drive) and there is no window scraper .... We use our hands and get in the freezing car. We are on our way.... Then some snow from the car in front of us hits the windshield. I can't see... we pull over and use our hands again... Get in the car and the windshield wipers stooped working.....
It's ok bc it's not snowing very hard.... We get to almost thanksgiving point (40 mins aways from our destination) and traffic stops, the sun is gone, it is a blizzard. 30 mins of bumper to bumper traffic! I can't see.... I have the girl lean out the window and start moving the wind shield wipers.. 10 mins of her head out the window they start working! YAY! (ps this girl is having bad anxiety the entire way.. she doesn't like running late)
We start going.... Its all fog and blizzard... All the signs are covered with snow. I know the exit by heart (thank goodness for all the rides I've given people!!!). We take the correct exit, we get on the other freeway (the on ramp is ICE!) phew, we're almost there ... 10 mins away and the snow is stopping! I can see.... we pass 5 accidents (total of 14 cars that are wreaked) . So happy it isn't us! One exit away... I'm looking up at a sign and SLAM! I saw, felt and heard that something that fell from the above sign or sky lol (It looked like a white poll but most likely it was a hug clump of snow) ... windshield is now cracked! (luckily it was the Ranches car and they are ok with it since there was nothing I could do!) Finally we arrive at the airport!
There were only a few problems at the airport (one of them, they didn't believe the girl was only 15 bc she looked older than someone (me) who's supposed to be 25!) After some running around, talking to incompetent people, she got on her plane and I got to listen to the rest of a wonderful conference!
I'm heading to the Huffakers for some more great inspiration but I just thought I'd share the most ridiculous story of how the Weather Gods were hating on me and my job this morning but I still prevailed, hehe.
I'm heading to the Huffakers for some more great inspiration but I just thought I'd share the most ridiculous story of how the Weather Gods were hating on me and my job this morning but I still prevailed, hehe.
| cracked! (this was on the way home, when the sun decided to show its self!) |
| this was just with my point and shoot, broken camera but I thought it was beautiful while I drove home listening to the Prophet speak about temples and happy things <3 |
1 comment:
Scary, glad you made it home safe!
Post a Comment